Monday, November 9, 2009

Babystep Blogging...

          Hey! My name is Kayla Desiree Jones and this is my first time blogging for Tusculum College. Let me tell you a little bit about myself to start out. I am a freshman here at Tusculum College in Greeneville. I am an American; I was born in Anchorage, Alaska. Both of my parents served in the U.S. Airforce which makes me a full-fledged military brat. I have traveled the world with my mother Alisa, my father Terry, and my sister Breanna. I am 5'4" and average body build with dirty blonde hair, blue eyes, and a bright smile. LOL I love astrology!!! I am a 100% Scorpio :^) Anything and everything you read about the scorpio applies to me. My major in college is Psychology and my minor is Theater/Performing Arts. I am 18 years old, about to turn 19 here in two weeks. So ExCiTeD!!! I love horror movies. I went to see Saw VI (which are my favorite movies ever) and I loved it. My favorite actor in the whole wide world (ever since I was 13) is Mark Robert Michael Wahlberg. Look him up if you don't know him; I would do anything in the world for him! LOL I am currently in a relationship with a young man named Brandon Mitchell Roberts. We have been dating for coming up on 10 months next week. I love him dearly. :)
          Okay, now that we have established a personal foundation, let me tell you a  little bit about my experiences here at Tusculum. Tusculum College is the place to be! If you are somewhat jittery about college like I used to be, Tusculum will be good for you. I am fortunately close to home too which makes my experience all that much sweeter. I am far enough away to where I am establishing independence and freedom, yet I am only 15 minutes and a phonecall from my parents if I ever require their assistance. 
          I personally thrive off of Tusculum's "One class at a time" motto. I find myself more focused and less stressed about the little things. It is fairly easy to remember all of my assignments considering I only have one class. LOL I am more organized; say for example, in high school I used to slack on organization and thoroughness. My papers were crammed every which way and I had to search for which paper went with what class. Tusculum's courses last for a standard 18 days. That's only 3 1/2 weeks that you have to impress your professor and be organized. That's fantastic! Class is only 3 hours long and it is not difficult to stay focused. The professors are generally easy-going and understanding, but it is key to remember that this is still college and they do treat you with the respect and discipline of an adult. 
          The campus is fairly small and easy to navigate. If you lose your way, just follow the paths and read the signs standing in front of each building. If you passed fourth grade, you can pass Tusculum College navigation 101. ;)
          Well, I suppose that's enough for my first blog. I'm excited to entertain any readers and

can't wait to blog tomorrow. I'll talk more about my class that I'm actually in right now: Foundations of Physical Fitness and Wellness! Ugh. LOL 
                                                                                                 L83r

No comments: