Thursday, September 10, 2009

Dealing with the flu:(

Hey guys! My name is Lauren Morton. I am a freshman here at Tusculum College. I am from Elizabethton, Tennessee. Last week I was actually off campus and out of classes due to getting the flu :(. Yes, it was bad, but I am better now and getting back on track. The entire time I was away faculty and staff were calling once a day just to check in with me and see how I was feeling. Once I was back they were helpful to me in dropping my class (by this time I had missed too much to try to catch up) and they made the process quick and easy.
Life on campus is awesome. You have to be careful because you are given freedom, and you have to watch how you use that freedom. College isn't like you see on tv so much. Sure, the fun and good times all happen, but you also have to study.
I am a political science major, so it's important for me to be focused and keep my time managed well. Yes, the block scedule does help! It allows me to only focus on one class at a time, which in turn means less homework! YAY!
I talk to the people I graduated with who went to other schools who don't have the block schedule and they are swamped all the time with homework and barely have time for themselves, much less to experience college. I love the experience I am getting and I'm learning at the same time. I recommend this school to all seniors in high school! At least take the time and apply.. tour the campus.. meet with some of the students if you please.. it's an awesome place to be!

No comments: